Saturday, March 21, 2009

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is with the packaging of medicine. I have wasted my precious time sitting in the doctor's office waiting to be called for my scheduled appointment. Then, I am losing more of my precious time waiting for a prescription to be filled. Now, the last battle to be fought is opening the darn packaging to get to the medicine. The miracle pills that should be curing me are pushing me over the edge closer to an anxiety attack.
The clever packaging has five separate compartments for the tiny little pills. Getting these compartments open is like breaking into Fort Knox. The directions state to gently push the pill through the foil. Have you ever tried to push a boulder up a mountain using a toothpick? It cannot be accomplished.
I have resorted to cutting open each individual compartment trying to get the little miracle pill. I even have difficulty trying to cut these open with a sharp pair of scissors. It's like cutting through strips of metal. These are beyond child proof. At last I cut open the super strength package and the tiny little pill flies high in the air, falls fast and slides beneath the refrigerator. Thank goodness the fridge is on wheels and can be removed with little effort. My blood pressure is most likely off the chart at this point in time. I find the little white pill hiding in a dark pile of dust bunnies. That's got to be germ free. Once again my time is being wasted and all I want to do is get over this bug.

Sincerly sick,

Mr. Pid

No comments: