Sunday, May 11, 2008

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is with clueless people at the beach. We've all seen them. I witnessed a couple trying for 25 minutes to put up their umbrella. The fact that we were having hurricane force winds didn't seem to phase them. If they looked to their left they could have watched a windsurfer trying to bring down his sail. He was having some difficulty.
So, why would you try to erect an umbrella on the beach in such conditions? And the sun wasn't even out. Put a towel over your head or wear a hat.
Hello, is anybody home? Does the elevator go all the way to the top floor? Are you playing with a full deck? Wind and lightweight umbrellas make a lethal combination. Your dumb blue and white striped umbrella nearly took off my right ear.
Watching the whole process was quite amusing. After struggling helplessly with the umbrella for way too long they sat beneath it to enjoy the shade. And we go to the beach - WHY? Right, to get out of the sun. I can't even remember how many times the umbrella fell to natures devices.
After I almost lost my ear I watched (with a big smirk plastered on my face) as the blue and white umbrella pummeled down the beach and was swept out to sea.

Silenty yours,

Mr. Pid

No comments: