Friday, March 21, 2008

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is with irresponsible pet owners, specifically dogs. I walk through my neighborhood on a daily basis and walk my dog. Sometimes I walk the dog in a local park - where leashes are required.
Most localities have a leash law in effect. This means your dog MUST be on a leash and under control. On a leash running down the street does not comply with the code. You MUST be in control of your dog.

Even if there is no leash law you should have your pet under control and supervised. How many dead dogs do you see scattered along the roadways? Many. Too many.

I have been subjected to wild and angry dogs several times. On a bike ride I took a spill due to an unleashed dog. It weighed about 10 pounds but still did harm when I fell off the bike and bled profusely from meeting the pavement with bare skin. The owner just came after her dog - picked it up and walked away. And there I stood bleeding - no response from her. That same little mutt has come after me two more times. Once it ran across the street (on a leash - not under control) and went after my German Shepard who at that time weighed 100 pounds.

Who do you think would have been the winner if they had connected. My dog was under control. Once again the owner trotted over to retrieve her dog and this time did mumble a "sorry". I can just imagine what would have happened if my dog had connected with hers. I'm sure she would have tried to sue me for having an aggressive dog.

Dogs running wild cause all kinds of trouble and accidents. Cars are much bigger than dogs and the two do not connect well.

Keep your dogs on a leash and under control or in your fenced yard. I am tired of being attacked and threatened by unruly dogs.

Sincerely, Mr. Pid

No comments: