Saturday, March 1, 2008

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is with LOW baggers. Usually this only happens at the grocery store but occasionally it does happen at other stores. Baggers in general are a very friendly, talkative group of individuals. Perhaps that is the problem - they are so busy trying to make us happy (so we ignore the prices) that they forget their main mission. Bag the groceries effectively.

We certainly do not want to cross contaminate our red meat with our raw chicken and a box of macaroni and cheese. So they put each item in its very own bag. Then, we have 15 bags to carry to the car, carry in the house and then dispose of them.

Sometimes I catch them and ask to put more items in one bag and I get the LOOK. All big items I try to place in the cart (after they have been rung up) but I get in trouble because they do not have the PAID sticker attached.

I have decided that low baggers are making my life too stressful so I have purchased environmentally safe and reusable bags. No more will the bagger have to carry on their 'happy' conversation. I will just give them my earth friendly bags - tell them to 'fill-em-up' and be on my way. I do need to keep my earth friendly/reusable bags in the car.

No comments: