Thursday, December 13, 2007

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is about product packaging. Why is it that sometimes the packaging is so much larger and bulkier than the product? For example: an over the counter medicine for acid reflux. It comes in a heavy duty cardboard container. You open it and inside are three more cardboard containers. You open them and tiny pills are encased in heavy duty plastic. The directions say to remove the backing and push the pill out. Yeah right! It doesn’t work according to the directions. I end up cutting off the ends and then pushing out the pink little pill that inevitably falls on the floor and if I am slow the dog licks it up. I have no doubt that he does not suffer from acid reflux. When the task is completed I have this huge pile of waste. I am at a loss to the reasoning of this packaging.
The best is any type of electronic gadget that you purchase. Those babies are pressure sealed in an airtight container. Once again I take the scissors out to open this small package. My light just went on!!! Fiskars must be collaborating with the packaging manufactures.

Truly yours,

Mr. Pid

No comments: