Friday, December 14, 2007

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is about shoes. I love shoes and would rather go shoe shopping than breathe. A closet full of shoes is so very uplifting. It gives me great pride also to get my shoes on clearance or 50 % off. I like my shoes to look good but most of all the need to be comfy.
I have an injured (permanently) left foot. My plantar fascia has been operated on and hurts most of the time. I do have a lift I wear in my shoes so it interferes with some shoe styles. Lately I have decided comfort means more than style.
I found these shoes and have been doing online research about them. No they are not orthopedic shoes. They are quite stylish and have rave reviews. The selection is acceptable.
I found an online store for these marvelous wonders. Sticker shock!!!! Whoa!!! A few pairs were $299. Is it worth it? Should I? It would certainly put a crimp on my shoe buying for the year.
Why, oh why are these regular looking shoes so pricey? They are not in the ‘green’ category. They are not worn by sports stars or movie stars. They’re just plain looking shoes: shoes that are supposed to make your life more enjoyable. So do I bite the bullet?
Walk on I say.

Still contemplating,

Mr. Pid

No comments: