Monday, February 25, 2008

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is with cell-phone customer service. I saw charges for text-messaging on my cell bill. Do I EVER text-message? NO. Do I have teenagers in the house? YES.

I try to go online and find a way to communicate but that seems impossible. So I call customer service. They put you through the phase - press 1 for English, etc. Then you listen to a mechanical alien who tells you to speak the question. Ms. Alien comes back with -"I don't understand that question?"

After many more button pushes I hear a ring tone - and then music. "You have called at peak time. Your hold time will be less than 20 minutes."
When is off peak time? Finally !!!! a human comes on the line.
"We're sorry but the system is down please call back in 15 minutes." Maybe it wasn't human.

Call number 2 - Same scenario - button pushing. Then music - bad elevator music. Then dead silence. I've been disconnected.

Call number 3 - Same scenario - button pushing. Then a person comes on with an accent from hell. Do I understand anything she says? NO. I hang up and call again.

Call number 4 - Same scenario - button pushing with my lack of patience transparent. A person comes on and I believe she has just visited the dentist and the Novocaine has not worn off. Her words are questionable. I constantly ask her to repeat what she is asking.

I tell her I want the text-messaging on my phone blocked. Seems odd I never asked for it to begin with but apparently I have it and someone is using it. To remove certain services you have to call and asked for those services to be blocked even though you didn't know they were there.

I wonder what charges will be on my bill next month.

No comments: