Saturday, April 19, 2008

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is gas prices. It finally hit me this morning when I had to pay $3.49 a gallon for gas. It's not going to get any better. I a middle class person will continue to pay high prices for fuel. The CEO of fuel companies do not have this worry hanging over their heads.
I have decided or actually it has been decided for me to limit my travels. This is unfair. Not only is it unfair to me it is also unfair to all of the places I will no longer frequent. And how many other people will have to reduce their travels? Many.
So I (and many others) will stop frequenting strip malls, theaters, restaurants, hair salons, ABC stores, gift shops, etc., etc. Now these business will soon be making less profit. They may have to lay off employees. They may close down - lose their business and income. It goes on and on.

I can no longer afford the luxury of gas in my vehicle and it's a small vehicle, not a gas guzzler. My options are taking a bus that limits my travel, riding my bike that is dangerous to my life. Florida drivers are wack and riding a bike could be dangerous.

So I will sit home and sadly watch our economy wither away. And the politicians really don't seem to give a damn. But they want my vote and promise me the world.

No comments: