Sunday, February 3, 2008

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is with slobs that litter. It was a beautiful morning so I went off on a bike ride through my neighborhood. My first encounter - right in MY own front yard was an empty beer bottle. Twenty feet away from that was a plastic water bottle. I have large basket on my bike so I picked them up. After navigating for about 5 blocks my basket was FULL of other people trash. I had several plastic bottles, empty cigarette packs, smashed oranges, fast food bags of trash, an old torn shirt, (must belong to the beer bottle recipient) plastic containers and a broken skateboard.

Yesterday I watched a show on global warming and what we are doing to the earth. I realize that one person alone can not make a huge impact but a collection of individuals can make an impact. Do we not care about our future? Are we just lazy and indifferent? I have had empty water bottles in my possesion and I tossed them in the back seat of my car and clean up the car several times a week. STOP throwing your trash in my world - my world that I wish to keep and hold onto for as long as possible.

Have you no pride or responsibility to the earth - it's yours also. The ride made me sick and disgusted especially after watching the doom and gloom program yesterday. Apparently not too many take global warming seriously. We should at least consider the possibility and think upon it. And STOP tossing your trash on our precious earth.

Respectfully,

Mr. Pid

No comments: