Monday, January 7, 2008

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is still about cell phone abusers. There should be a law! Yesterday I went to see a movie - matinee actually. When I get out of my vehicle I turn OFF my cell phone before entering the theatre. Sometimes I even leave the phone in the truck. That is not a particularly good idea since someone could break into my truck - steal my cell phone and go way over my allotted minutes. Then, I would really have a major gripe.

So, I sit through the 45 minutes of advertisements and previews. There is a very cute informative advertisement about cell phone usage and text messaging. It's a panda bear telling you to SILENCE your cell phone because silence is golden (in a movie theatre). This ad runs four or five times during the anticipated wait for the feature presentation. It even discusses text messaging and the bear points to the audience and says, "I'm watching you." A very cute public announcement. So if you walked in late it is shown right before the movie begins. You should already know to turn the #@#&*** thing off but some of you are clueless.

Ten minutes into the movie and I hear the RING - not a soft quiet one but some loud RAP tone. And then you start a conversation with the caller. Hello!!! I can't hear the movie. If I had a soft object it would be directed toward your row.

If this call were so very important to you why didn't you go to a later movie? Can you not live without the cell phone chit-chat for 2 hours? What could be so important? You could at least pick your lazy butt up off of that seat and take the call in the hallway. No. You make the rest of us (who have paid good money to see this movie) sit there and be annoyed.

I have several options for people like you who choose to abuse the 'silence the cell phone rule'.
1. Get up and seek the manager so he will throw you out.
2. Move behind you pass gas and belch.
3. Bring in a squirt gun and help you wet your whistle.
4. Find a semi-soft projectile to toss at you.
5. Start a movement to be frisked upon entry to all movie theatres just like the airports.
6. Stand up in front of you so you can't see the movie.
7. Ignore you because you are an alien. (not the choice word I would like to use)

Goodbye,

Mr. Pid

No comments: