Saturday, January 26, 2008

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is with 'pandering'. Yesterday I saw a pandering wonder. I have seen many creative people standing on a corner with the cardboard sign begging for stuff. Once when I lived in North Carolina I saw a man holding the cardboard sign that read - Help me go to Key West for the winter. At least he was honest.

I'm driving down a heavily traveled (slow moving) road in the morning rush hour. On a bench - very close to the road with slow moving traffic sits a young lady. Not real young and not a senior. Laying down right by her feet was a calm scruffy looking dog. His pedigree was questionable. He was a mutt. I do love mutts.

Next to her on the bench was a large white bucket. In her hands was a handwritten cardboard sign that read - DOG FOR SALE. Breaks your heart - right! Wrong! She has no intention of selling this multi-colored scruffy looking mutt. People walking by dropped money in her bucket and people driving by handed her money. No one - no one wanted the mutt. Now - this young lady has a great marketing scheme going for her.

My sign says - send me money,

Mr. Pid

No comments: