Friday, January 11, 2008

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is with myself and peanut butter. Yes, peanut butter! When I was young we would visit my aunt and uncle on their farm. My aunt would make wonderful peanut butter and butter sandwiches. She used this strange (to me) peanut butter with oil laying on the top and little lumps in the peanut butter. Oh, it was so good. My mother never bought this strange concoction for our family. We had the smooth well known brand.

Life went on with the popular brand of peanut butter. I never really thought about my aunt's special peanut butter until this year. I decided to eat healthy. I love peanut butter. My decision was to go as natural as possible.

I stood there in the peanut butter aisle and observed the many choices. There is quite a price discrepancy between the brands. I am tight-fisted (cheap) so in the past I always purchased the cheaper brand and most times that would be the store brand. I read the labels of all the peanut butters. The organic peanut butter has two ingredients. The smooth creamy peanut butter has many and many of the words I cannot even pronounce - let alone know what they are.

After recovering from - STICKER SHOCK - I chose the organic brand of peanut butter. At least I know what I am eating. Accepting the price was one road stumble the appearance was another. Yuck!!! Once it has been stirred it is viewable; still not creamy and smooth but still it has two ingredients. Ingredients that I know what they are and from whence they came from.


My taste buds have never been happier and my organic peanut butter brings back wonderful childhood memories. From now on I vow to take the path less traveled.

In great health,

Mr. Pid

No comments: