Saturday, January 12, 2008

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. today my gripe concerns user unfriendly web sites. Oh, there are so many of them! The most annoying ones are those that will not let you use the back button. They just sit there pretty as a young milk maid and do nothing. It's like being held Internet hostage. I virtually have to log off my computer to get out. Why?

Then I have been to sites that completely freeze up my computer. Once again I have to log off to get out.

You may try to go to a link but there is nothing there. Don't these people update their sites? And then I try to complete a task and it says to click on 'here' but there is no 'here'. Where is it? Why do they make everything so difficult?

I went to a site for a specific theatre website to the 'Contact Us' menu and they just told you the locations. You could not 'contact us' on that website. So why put that link there? I prefer to state my concerns or complaints in an email. I have better control over my emotions and I also leave a paper trail. Make sure you want to leave a paper trail.


So after spending several useless hours today - not all useless, I have decided to quit for the weekend. I can feel the withdrawals already. So in my search today I was searching for - Internet Speedway: they have been doing heavy duty advertising on the radio. I checked them out and came across an interesting website. (I was able to get out of this one.)

It was called Internet Speedway - SCAM. It was very informative. It looks like many people have been scammed by them and this was a sounding board. I'm glad I checked this site out and it was the only user friendly site I found all day.

Postal,

Mr. Pid

No comments: