Sunday, January 6, 2008

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is with cell phone abuse. Yes, that's you. Remember on Christmas Day at the wonderful ocean side restaurant where my family and I had reservations. Unfortunately they set your party right next to our party. We had a fantastic view of the ocean and the boardwalk. The waitstaff were attentive and the food was delicious. It was a little chilly and windy that day but it was December.

My family and I are having a quiet conversation over our feast and then a phone rings! And that is almost acceptable except for the fact that YOU are a loud mouth and everyone in the entire place had to listen to your argument with whoever about whatever. Couldn't you have taken the discussion - outside? It would have given us the peace and tranquility we were hoping for. NO!

You go right on ranting and raving for the world to hear. I heard way too much information about you - a stranger than I ever care to hear about again. It was a holiday so I did my best to ignore you and continue with our QUIET family conversation. I did not want to confront you there so here it is.

You are RUDE, STUPID and dumber than a box of rocks. I should strike that last statement because rocks are essential to the world. I like rocks much better than people who carry on a loud conversation in a public place. So - pay your bills, stop cheating on your wife, stealing from your employer and fighting with your landlord.

I ignored you as best as I could and did enjoy my time with family. Now that I have that off my chest I feel much better. My plan is to print out cell phone etiquette on little business cards and when people like YOU get STUPID - I will politely hand you a card.

Truly yours,

Mr. Pid

1 comment:

Bonnie Jo Davis said...

Why isn't cell phone etiquette taught to people before they purchase a phone? Etiquette expert, Lydia Ramsey, has a funny article on the topic at http://www.mannersthatsell.com/articles/cellphone.html