Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Daily Gripe

Hello, my name is Stu. Today my gripe is once again with neighbors. I walk the dog after dark - it's cooler at that time and if I forget my plastic bag no one will see me not collect the droppings. Only occasionally do I not -pick up after Fido. I sure hate it when I find it in my yard or step on it along the walkway.

So back to the gripe. When watering your lawn please water the LAWN. Do not water the driveway, the sidewalk or the road. You can rotate the sprinkler heads and when they break they can be replaced. I despise all of you with the lush green lawn but whatever! I like my brown lawn and I can't afford to second mortgage the house to pay the water bill. I will live with brown lawn. And if I did water it would not be the street.

It's dark when I walk the dog (working all day leaves only the night for dog walking) I like to stay on the sidewalk. The drivers in this residential area all have dyslexia. the speed limit sign says 35 but they see it as 53. Walking in the roads here is not safe.

Your sprinkler system that comes on just before or just as I walk in front of your house is always an obstacle course. It spurts water on the sidewalk, the driveway and halfway across the street. I have to change my pattern and walk on the other side - that means I have to cross the road. Cars speeding - darkness = bad situation.

Sometimes your nasty sprinkler comes on without notice as I pass your domain. Instant shower for me and the dog. The dog rather likes it - I DON'T. And then we have the slippery issue, if I try to run through the waterfall I could slip and break a hip. I would drop the leash and off Fido would go to terrorize someone or become lost (maybe not a bad idea). I'm sure he would be found by the pound and returned to me with a hefty penalty fee.

My advice - stop watering your lawn and save our planet or water your lawn and not the cement landscapes that do not need it. If we all had brown lawns there would be no green grass envy.

No comments: